lowFODMAP Chia Pudding
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbp coconut yoghurt or lactose free yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Small handful strawberries
- Add the milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract (optional) and cinnamon to a container, preferably a jar, seal the lid and shake well.
- Shake every 30 seconds for 3 minutes, until the chia seeds stop floating to the bottom.
- Set aside for 20-25 minutes. The chia seeds will expand during this time and create a thick consistency.
- Fold the yoghurt through and add the strawberries on top.
- Divide into serving size containers for the following days.
Chia puddings are a fantastic breakfast option for people with minimal time in the mornings. I would recommend making the pudding a night before in single serving jars. That way you can take the pudding to work or eat it on the run.
Chia puddings can also be made in batches and consumed over a week period when kept in the fridge.