Chicken Breast with Roasted Pumpkin Spinach and Quinoa Salad
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/8 pumpkin, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- ¼ cup of quinoa
- Pinch of salt
Honey soy sauce (no dressing for FODMAP)
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the pumpkin on top. Drizzle olive oil and pinch of salt over the pumpkin. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and lightly colored.
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa before placing into a small saucepan with ½ cup of water. Bring to boil before turning to low and simmering for 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Add chicken to a preheated non-stick pan with oil. Pour the dressing over the chicken. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminium foil. Cook the chicken halfway before flipping it over and then continue to cook the chicken for 5 minutes or until chicken is springy to touch. Remove the foil for the last 3-4 minutes.
Honey soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smoothly combined.
- Add the cooked quinoa, pumpkin and spinach into a bowl and toss to combine.
Serve the quinoa, pumpkin and spinach salad onto the plate and top with sliced chicken breast before drizzling the remaining sauce from the pan.