Pan Fried Salmon with mashed turnip
- 150g Salmon fillet
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp finely chopped grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- 3 turnips, peeled and roughly cut into several pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch pink salt and pepper
- Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil and paprika into a bowl. Transfer ½ a tablespoon of mixture to a glass dish and add the cumin seeds. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- Add the Salmon to the cumin mixture in dish. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large grease non-stick frying pan on medium high heat. Cook the fish for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until to preferred desire
- Meanwhile, make the mashed turnip. Boil a pot of water. once boiling add the turnip. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until softened. Drain the water and place the turnip back into the pot. Add the butter and seasoning. Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Serve: Plate the mash and salmon. Pour remaining dressing over the entire dish